Prosecutor requests 23 years of prison for Savchenko, - lawyer
Today court enters final phase of proceedings in Savchenko’s case
Prosecutor requested 23 years of prison for Nadiya Savchenko by way of partial aggregation of the sentence, informed Nikolai Polozov, Savchenko’s lawyer, on Twitter.
“Prosecutor Filipchuk requested 23 years of prison for Savchenko by way of partial aggregation”, - the lawyer wrote.
Polozov pointed out that Savchenko may be released only due to political negotiation. “In a court like this prosecutors could have requested 100 years, but obviously they are too modest. Procedural efforts will not help release Savchenko. This can be done only by way of political negotiation”, – he pointed out.
Today Donetsk city court of Rostovskiy region in Russia entered a final phase of proceedings in Savchenko’s case. Nadiay Savchenko is accused of illegally crossing Russian border and perpetrating the murder of Russian journalists. Savchenko’s defense claims that she is innocent.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars