Prosecutor of Crimea suspended Mejlis of Crimean Tatars
Suspension of Mejlis will be in force until Supreme Court of Crimea rules on Natalia Poklonska’s appeal
Prosecutor of Crimea Natalia Poklonska suspended Mejlis of Crimean Tatars, informed TASS.
“Today, a decision has been made to suspend Mejlis of Crimean Tatars in order to preclude infraction of federal law”, - Poklonska said.
The decision to suspend Mejlis will be in force until Supreme Court of Crimea rules on Poklonska’s appeal. Earlier, she demanded to recognize Mejlis an extremist organization. The lawsuit is currently at the stage of consideration.
Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people, in the periods between sessions of Kurultay, is the only executive organ of Crimean Tatars, elected by Kurultay among its delegates. Kurultay is the highest institute of state authority of the Crimean Tatar people, summoned amid turning points in their history.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars