President Poroshenko meets Joseph Biden
Nadia Savchenko and sanctions against Russia were discussed during the meeting
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and Vice President of the USA Joseph Biden held a meeting during Poroshenko’s visit to the United States and demanded to release Nadia Savchenko, Ukrainian pilot illegally detained in Russia, and immediately allow Ukrainian doctors to examine her. Poroshenko informed about the results of the meeting on Twitter after holding negotiations with the US Secretary of State John Kerry and Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland.
All the abovementioned US state officials demanded to allow doctors examine Savchenko.
Poroshenko and Biden also agreed to extend sanctions against the Russian Federation.
“During our meeting with Joseph Biden, we agreed that it’s necessary to extend sanctions against the Russian Federation until complete implementation of Minsk agreements”, - Poroshenko wrote on Twitter.
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Poroshenko: Trump’s words about Crimea are ‘campaign rhetoric’ 26 September, 09:15
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas