President Poroshenko: International pressure on Russia will speed up Savchenko's release
Mutual statements of support from international leaders will quicken Savchenko's release
During his press conference in Turkey President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko encouraged international community to exert pressure on the Russian Federation in order to help free Nadiya Savchenko from illegal detention in Russia:
"Currently our main task is to save Nadiya Savchenko. All these days Ukrainian authorities and Foreign Ministry of Ukraine, on my instructions, have been in touch with our partners, world leaders, encouraging them to increase pressure on Russia. You have seen statements of the European Union, the USA and other international partners".
Watch the video (subtitles on / off):
The Russian court will announce its verdict in Savchenko’s case on March 21.
Nadiya Savchenko announced hunger strike on March 4.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case