President Poroshenko awarded Myroslava Gongadze with Gold Star of the Hero of Ukraine
President noted that Gongadze has made a big contribution into development of independent Ukraine
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko awarded Myroslava Gongadze, widow of Georgiy Gongadze, with the order of the Gold Star of the Hero of Ukraine. President informed about this on Facebook.
“16 years after the tragic death of Georgiy Gongadze I had an honor to give the Gold Start of the Hero of Ukraine to his widow Myroslava Gongadze”, - Poroshenko wrote.
Poroshenko also noted that he values the “big contribution of Gongadze into the development of independent Ukraine, protection of the freedom of speech, fight for the development of independent mass media”.
The Gold Star of the Hero of Ukraine is the highest state award presented for an extraordinary act of bravery.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels