Poroshenko’s statement on account of decision of European Commission to lift visa obligations for Ukraine
Visa liberalization was my obligation before all of you, - Poroshenko
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko made a statement on account of the decision of European Commission on visa liberalization for Ukraine.
Petro Poroshenko’s statement:
Today, the long awaited news has come from Brussels.
President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker informed me that the proposal on visa liberalization for Ukrainian citizens has been submitted to the Council of Europe and the European Parliament.
Personally for me it has been a long and difficult way of diplomatic and political efforts. I remember each step of the way, every decision and almost every letter in the legislation on visa liberalization. We have also accomplished a plan that includes 140 conditions.
The main conditions were new efficient security system and fight against corruption. All anti-corruption laws have been adopted as part of conditions for lifting visa obligations.
Visa liberalizations was my obligation before all of you. The “done” tick may be put down in a couple of months. On the way to this decision we have implemented reforms, which have changed the country. The EU appreciates and supports our reforms.
On behalf of Ukrainian people I want to express my gratitude to the European Commission for this decision, which brings us closer to the European family.
I also thank Ukrainian parliament, government, diplomats and, of course, civil society, for joint efforts on the way to visa liberalization.
Together we will gain victory. Live Ukraine! Live Europe!
Upon accepting the proposal by the European Parliament and Council, citizens of Ukraine will be able to travel without visas with biometric passports for the period of 90 days to the Schengen area. The non-visa regime will be applied to all member countries of the EU, except for Ireland and Great Britain, and four associated countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). At the same time, cancellation of the visa regime does not stipulate automatic provision of work permit in the EU.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case