Poroshenko’s lawyers: “Roshen” is in international trust and pays taxes in Ukraine
The lawyers deny that taxes go to offshore areas
Law firm “Avellum”, engaged in selling Petro Poroshenko’s shares in “Roshen” confectionery company, commented on the scandal tied to “Panama Papers”, where the President of Ukraine is mentioned, informed TSN.
The firm confirmed that Poroshenko intends to sell his shares in “Roshen”. Agreements have been signed – including agreements with international lawyers.
It has been reported, that, as of today, blind trust agreement has already been signed. Creating a company in foreign jurisdiction was the only way to transfer assets into management of an international trust institution.
“Companies in foreign jurisdictions are necessary to transfer them in blind trust. There have been no bank accounts opened by these companies, there have been no financial operations. Thus, all allegations concerning tax evasion are unfounded”, - it is said in the lawyers’ report.
Moreover, the law firm denies that taxes go to offshore areas.
“Even after the assets are transferred into blind trust, the receiver of tax payments will not be an offshore, but a Ukrainian legal entity. Thus, all taxes will be paid in Ukraine and the revenue, according to the law and rules of bank regulation, will stay in Ukraine”, - Poroshenko’s lawyer explained and added that “Roshen” continues to pay taxes according to Ukrainian laws.
Earlier, journalists and dozens of media all over the planet simultaneously released materials about owners of large offshore businesses. The investigation is based on the so-called Panama Archive, the selection of documents belonging to Mossack Fonseca, Panama-based low-profile company.
The documents reveal activities of the company from 1977 till December 2015; they unfold stories about offshore mechanisms of concealing billions of dollars, involving former and current heads of states, and other famous political figures and celebrities. Among them are President Petro Poroshenko, ex-Prime Ministers Pavlo Lazarenko and Yulia Tymoshenko. The National Anti-Corruption Bureau stated that it refuses to investigate Poroshenko’s offshore activity.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars