Poroshenko: “Ukraine has all preconditions to implement the reform package in full”
Provision of a €600 million tranche by the EU has been discussed at the meeting
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated that the visit of European Commissioner for Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn is taking place in a very important period for Ukraine, with political crisis solved and the new government shaped, informed press service of the President.
“We have all preconditions to demonstrate determination in implementation of the reform package in full”, - Poroshenko emphasized.
According to the President, a reform strategy for the first 100 days of the new government in office has been approved at the meeting of National Council for reforms. The program includes fulfillment of all obligations before IMF and implementation of Ukrainian part of Ukraine-EU Association Agreement. Ukraine is also guided by items of Minsk agreements, which Ukraine is implementing thoroughly.
“In order to ensure success of reforms in Ukraine, we need internal stability, unity, as well as external support and solidarity with the European Union”, - the press service quotes Poroshenko.
Johannes Hahn emphasized, that the decision on visa liberalization for Ukraine demonstrates, that the EU supports Ukraine, considering results of the Dutch referendum. “Clearly, this decision is a prerogative of the Netherlands, but we take into account, that the Association Agreement has already been ratified by 27 EU member states”, - Hahn said.
Provision of a €600 million tranche by the EU as part of the third program of macrofinancial assistance has also been discussed at the meeting.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case