Poroshenko: Support from USA vital for countering Russian aggression and implementation of reforms
The President held a speech in the Capitol
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko believes that support of the USA is vital for countering Russian aggression and implementing reforms in Ukraine. The President stated this during his speech in the Capitol, informed press service of the president.
Poroshenko believes that in the times of global weakness, leadership is of utmost importance, which turns out to be both a privilege and a heavy burden. “There are so many reasons to avoid leadership: ignorance, tiredness and lack of self-confidence. And there’s only one reason to hold leadership: it flows in our blood. In these difficult times I encourage the United States to be strong and believe – the same as people all over the world continue to believe in the United States. Don’t let pragmatism overshadow values of freedom. Don’t let the United States become small-minded”, - Poroshenko said.
Poroshenko noted, that support of the USA is very important to Ukraine: “Support of the USA is vital when it comes to countering Russian aggression and implementation of reforms in Ukraine”.
The President called for strengthening of dialogue between the two states and renewal of cooperation in the fields of defense and security.
“Ukraine’s fight is fight for freedom. This fight goes on”, - Poroshenko emphasized.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case