Poroshenko: Russian aggression in Donbas claimed lives of over 10 thousand Ukrainians
Over 20 thousand Ukrainians have been injured, at least 1,8 million have been forced to leave their homes
At least 10 thousand Ukrainians have died, more than 20 thousand have been injured, over 1,8 million have been forced to leave their homes as a result of a 2-year military aggression of the Russian Federation in eastern Ukraine, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko stated during World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul, reports press service of the President.
‘For over two years, our country has been a victim of Russian aggression. Humanitarian casualties over this aggression involve 10 thousand killed and 20 thousand injured Ukrainians. Around 1,8 million Ukrainian citizens have been forced to leave their homes’, - Poroshenko stated.
Poroshenko outlined 3 key elements of countering aggression and humanitarian challenges in the world: ‘First of all, we must do everything to restore respect to international law and provide efficieny of international mechanisms for conflict settlement. Second of all, no one should feel unpunished for the wrong done. By this I mean determination and consistency when it comes to imposing sanctions. Third key element is long-term investment in vulnerable post-conflict areas’.
Currently, Ukraine’s President is in his official visit to Turkey. During his speech at the World Humanitarian Summit, Poroshenko stated, that he intends to initiate an international trust aimed at restoration of peace in Ukraine.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars