Poroshenko: Rejection of the Netherlands – not an obstacle for Ukraine
According to the President, referendum in the Netherlands is only consultative
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated that results of the recent Association referendum in the Netherlands are not an obstacle for Ukraine on the way to Europe. The President’s statement was published on his official website.
Petro Poroshenko's statement:
“The aim of the referendum in the Netherlands is not Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU. It is rather a threat to Europe’s unity and spread of European values. Discussions on the eve of the referendum contribute to this assumption. I’m grateful to everyone who cast his vote for the Association – to hundreds of thousands of Ukraine’s friends in the Netherlands. I thank everyone who popularized Ukraine in the Netherlands – politicians, volunteers, sport stars and artists. I also want to emphasize, that according to the Constitution of the Netherlands, this referendum is strictly consultative, which means, that now government and parliament of the Netherlands have to make their choice. I’m sure, the fact that the Dutch rejected the Association Agreement is not an obstacle for Ukraine on the way to Europe. And I assure yot, that no matter what, Ukraine will continue to implement the Association Agreement, will establish a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area with the European Union, since it’s a way to modernize Ukraine and enhance its independence. I reiterate, we will not turn from the path of integration with Europe”.
According to the updated results of exit polls in Ukraine-EU Association referendum in the Netherlands, the turnout amounted to 32,2%. 61,1% of the Dutch voted against the Association, 38,1% - supported the agreement.
Official results of Ukraine-EU Association Agreement referendum will arrive on April 12.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain