Ukraine's president defends appointing his ally as top prosecutor
The new prosecutor general doesn't have any obligations before political parties, that's according to President Petro Poroshenko
The newly appointed top prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko is able to protect the prosecutor’s office from political influence, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated while presenting his ally as the new chief of prosecution.
“Some are trying to gain political capital by criticizing the prosecutor's office and the President. Others dream of turning prosecution into a stock company, where every political force would have a quota, something like an indulgence of past and future sins. I want to emphasize, that top prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko has no and will have no obligations before any political forces”, - President said.
Poroshenko added, that a “political heavyweight” like Lutsenko will manage to save prosecution from political influence.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars