Poroshenko congratulates Lithuania on Day of Restoration of its Independence
“When defending its own independence today, Ukraine feels the support of the Lithuanians.”
Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko congratulated Lithuania on the Day of restoration of its independence.
His Facebook page says: “Let me congratulate our brothers in Lithuania on the Day of Restoration of the Lithuanian Republic! Today, as we defend our own independence, Ukrainians feel the support of the Lithuanian people.”
The Ukrainian and Lithuanian flags are hoisted side by side on this day in accordance with an interstate agreement.
The Council of Lithuania, vested with popular support, declared the restoration of an independent democratic State of Lithuania on February 16, 1918, with Vilnius as its capital. Lithuania was the first Soviet republic to proclaim its independence from the USSR on March 11, 1990.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars