Pope to meet Chernobyl liquidators from Ukraine and Belarus
Over 350 events will be held in 13 countries of Europe in the memory of victims of Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear disasters
On April 20, Pope Francis will meet a group of liquidators of Chernobyl disaster and people displaced from Chernobyl area as a result of the nuclear disaster.
Press service of the Greek Catholic Church informed that the liquidators and IDPs will arrive for Pontifical Audience from Ukraine and Belarus, reports Interfax-Ukraina.
Representative of the International Educational Center of the German City Dortmund, Dr. Astrid Sahm, informed that over 350 events will be held in 13 countries of Europe, where liquidators and IDPs will have a chance to tell their stories.
According to Astrid Sahm, these events will be held under the patronage of European Parliament as part of European Week of Memory “For the Future After Chernobyl and Fukushima”.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain