Pope Francis blesses soldiers of war-torn east Ukraine
Ukrainian soldiers took part in Lourdes military pilgrimage
Pope Francis blessed Ukrainian soldiers, who came to Lourdes for military pilgrimage, ‘Vatican’s Radio’ informed.
The pontifex approached the group of Ukrainian soldiers, greeted and blessed them. Some of the soldiers received wounds in Donbas military conflict.
Watch the video:
The 48th international military pilgrimage to the central part of France lasted from May 20 to May 22.
Soldiers from all around the world annually participate in the pilgrimage, praying for peace. Servicemen from Ukraine joined it in 1996.
Earlier, Pope Francis announced a charity event to raise funds for IDPs from war-torn Donbas.
Watch the video (Source: Vatican YouTube):
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case