Pope Francis announced humanitarian action to collect funds for IDPs from Donbas
The received donations on April 24 will be passed on to a fund managed by the Pontifical Council
All funds donated by parish of the Roman Catholic Church in Europe on April 24 will be passed on to a fund managed by the Pontifical Council for humanitarian assistance to IDPs from Donbas, informed Head of Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church Svyatoslav Shevchuk during a press conference in Kyiv, reports Interfax-Ukraine.
“These donations, initiated by Pope Francis, are a forerunner of a large scale humanitarian assistance aimed at easing the suffering of war victims in Ukraine”, - Shevchuk informed.
According to Shevchuk, the event will be officially announced by Secretary General of Vatican cardinal Pietro Parolin, who is expected to visit Ukraine.
Currently the Vatican is gathering information about the number of people, who require assistance.
According to the President of international charity fund “Caritas-Ukraine” Andriy Vaskovych, currently the number of Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine has reached 1,7 million people. 9,000 people have been killed as a result of military activity, 21,000 people have been injured. The data will be handed over to the administration of the Vatican.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case