Police urges promotion of safety during LGBTQ pride in Kyiv
The pride in Ukraine’s capital is slated for June 6-12
According to Andriy Kryshchenko, the head of the National Police Kyiv department, the police are serious about providing the necessary security measures during the LGBTQ Pride that will take place on June 12.
Kyiv should demonstrate the ability to promote safety during the important events, like the forthcoming Eurovision-2017 song contest. According to Kryshchenko, the most important is the possibility to express opinions and thoughts.
He emphasized that they are going to bring in severe safety precautions, and in case of any violations, the police actions are going to be tough. Police representatives have already met with members of the upcoming pride and their opponents.
Kryshchenko also mentioned that they are in search of threats to LGBTQ-pride members.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case