Poroshenko established a new security strategy
The most important issue remains repelling the aggression of the Russian Federation
President Petro Poroshenko has signed the decree, which put into execution the decision of National Security Council of March 4 "On the Concept of development of the security and defense sector of Ukraine." Reported press service of the head of state.
According to the report, the main purpose of the reforming and development of the security and defense sector is to build-up and maintain capabilities. "This will reliably provide adequate and flexible response to the whole range of national security threats to Ukraine, the rational use of existing capabilities and resources of the state", - underlined in the message.
It is noted that in the mid-term the most relevant will remain, the threat of Russian aggressive actions for annihilation of the Ukrainian economy and subversion of social and political stability in order to destroy Ukraine and capture its territory, the use of armed forces, as well as a hybrid warfare; temporary occupation of Crimea by Russian Federation and further actions to destabilize the situation in the Baltic-Black Sea-Caspian region.
National Security Council instructed the Cabinet of Ministers to ensure the development and introduction of legislation aimed at the implementation of the provisions of this Concept.
It is to be recalled that, the government adopted the concept of security sector development and defense of Ukraine in January 2016.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars