Percentage of Ukrainians wanting to join NATO dropped in 2016, - survey
In 2015, 54,1% of Ukrainians wanted to join the Alliance, in 2016 - 47,1%
The percentage of Ukrainians who support joining NATO dropped compared to last year, according to the survey conducted by Gorshenin Institute, which was presented by the expert of the Institute Dmytro Antonyuk.
The expert pointed out that in 2015 there were 54,1% of Ukrainians who supported the idea of Ukraine to join NATO, in 2016 there are only 47,1%. In 2015, 33,1% of Ukrainians opposed integration with NATO, in 2016, 35,4% of Ukrainian citizens are against the idea.
The survey was conducted on February 8-17, 2016. 2000 respondents aged older than 18 from all regions of Ukraine except Crimea and occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions took part in the survey.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case