Percentage of Ukrainians supporting integration with EU dropped, - survey
In 2015 62,2% of Ukrainian citizens wanted to join the EU, in 2016 – only 55,2%
Over half of Ukrainian citizens believe that Ukraine should join the European Union, according to the survey conducted by Gorshenin Institute. The survey was presented by the expert of the Institue Dmytro Antonyuk at a press conference.
55,2% of the respondents think that Ukraine should join the EU, 12,7% support the integration with the Customs Union, 23,3% of respondents support Ukraine’s integration neither with the EU nor with the Customs Union, 8,8% found it difficult to respond.
The expert pointed out that compared to the result of the survey in 2015, the percentage of Ukrainians supporting integration with the European Union dropped considerably. In 2015, 62,2% of Ukrainian wanted to be part of the EU.
However, the percentage of people who want to join the Customs Union also reduced from 13,5% in 2015 to 112,7% in 2017. 14,2% of the respondents don’t want Ukraine to be a part of any union whatsoever.
The survey was conducted on February 8-17, 2016. 2000 respondents aged older than 18 from all regions of Ukraine except Crimea and occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions took part in the survey.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas