Parliamentary Committee: Association Agreement not endpoint of Ukraine-EU relations
Ukraine has European perspective under article 49 of the Agreement with the European Union
Ukraine-EU Association Agreement is not an endpoint of relationships between Ukraine and the European Union, it is said in the conclusive statement and recommendations of the parliamentary committee for Ukraine-EU Association after the third meeting which took place in Brussels on April 25-26. The document has been published on official website of Ukrainian parliament.
It is noted, in particular, that Ukraine has a European perspective under article 49 of the Agreement with the European Union and can apply to join the European Union in case it meets Copenhagen criteria and implements principles of democracy, respects human rights, rights of minorities and ensures the rule of law.
It is also mentioned in the document that Ukraine is disappointed in the negative results of the consultative referendum in the Netherlands on April 6. However, Ukraine believes, that it won’t stand in the way of “unprecedented solidarity and considerable support of the European Union to Ukraine”.
Currently, the parliamentary committee is waiting for a statement from the Dutch authorities regarding further actions.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars