Parliament Speaker: Ukraine-NATO roadmap opens prospects for joining the Alliance
Speaker noted, that reforms must affect all spheres of social life
Ukraine must implement Ukraine-NATO cooperation roadmap and all necessary reforms, which will enable our country to join the Alliance, stated Speaker of Ukrainian parliament Andriy Parubiy at a briefing aired by “112 Ukraine”.
“We have a task to implement Ukraine-NATO cooperation roadmap, since Deputy Secretary General of NATO confirmed that the Alliance is ready to consider Ukraine as potential member of the organization after all necessary reforms are implemented. This involves reforms not only in the fields of defense and security, but in all spheres of social life”, - Parubiy said.
Moreover, according to Parubiy, NATO regards the new Ukrainian government as a possibility to give a new push to reforms in a number of fields, which includes fight against corruption and reformation of military sector according to NATO standards.
The Alliance will develop a complex package of aid to Ukraine before the NATO summit in Warsaw slated for July. Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman and Deputy Secretary General of NATO Alexander Vershbow discussed this during the Friday meeting in Kyiv.
NATO Deputy Secretary General expressed confidence that the upcoming Summit will become a nice opportunity to turn attention to the progress that Ukraine has already shown in the security and defense area. It will also be a good chance to demonstrate Ukraine’s aspirations for further reforms.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels