“Panama Papers” database became public: 165 Ukrainians have offshores
Ukrainian citizens have registered 195 offshore companies
Access to the so-called “Panamas Papers” database has been made public by International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ). The information was published on May 9, at 9 p.m. Kyiv time.
According to the data, 165 citizens of Ukraine have offshores. Ukrainians have registered 195 offshore companies.
Meanwhile, 4,5 thousand people from the USA and 2,2 thousand people from the Russian Federation have offshores.
The information about 200,000 individual and legal entities, mentioned by Mossack Fonseca Panamanian legal firm, including data about current owners, has also been published.
Earlier, journalists and dozens of media all over the planet simultaneously released materials about owners of large offshore businesses. The investigation is based on the so-called Panama Archive, the selection of documents belonging to Mossack Fonseca, Panama-based low-profile company.
The documents reveal activities of the company from 1977 till December 2015; they unfold stories about offshore mechanisms of concealing billions of dollars, involving former and current heads of states, and other famous political figures and celebrities. Among them are President Petro Poroshenko, ex-Prime Ministers Pavlo Lazarenko and Yulia Tymoshenko. The National Anti-Corruption Bureau stated that it refuses to investigate Poroshenko’s offshore activity.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Poroshenko: Trump’s words about Crimea are ‘campaign rhetoric’ 26 September, 09:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars