“Panama Papers” database became public: 165 Ukrainians have offshores
Ukrainian citizens have registered 195 offshore companies
Access to the so-called “Panamas Papers” database has been made public by International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ). The information was published on May 9, at 9 p.m. Kyiv time.
According to the data, 165 citizens of Ukraine have offshores. Ukrainians have registered 195 offshore companies.
Meanwhile, 4,5 thousand people from the USA and 2,2 thousand people from the Russian Federation have offshores.
The information about 200,000 individual and legal entities, mentioned by Mossack Fonseca Panamanian legal firm, including data about current owners, has also been published.
Earlier, journalists and dozens of media all over the planet simultaneously released materials about owners of large offshore businesses. The investigation is based on the so-called Panama Archive, the selection of documents belonging to Mossack Fonseca, Panama-based low-profile company.
The documents reveal activities of the company from 1977 till December 2015; they unfold stories about offshore mechanisms of concealing billions of dollars, involving former and current heads of states, and other famous political figures and celebrities. Among them are President Petro Poroshenko, ex-Prime Ministers Pavlo Lazarenko and Yulia Tymoshenko. The National Anti-Corruption Bureau stated that it refuses to investigate Poroshenko’s offshore activity.
Sanctions did not let Russia take Kyiv easily, - Kerry 30 November, 17:54
EU to extend anti-Russian sanctions for another six months 21 November, 13:18
- asia11:23Death toll in Istanbul explosions reaches 38
- asia10:49Erdogan made official statement after explosions in Istanbul
- asia10:18ISIS militants enter Palmyra again after nine months, - observers
- POLITICS09:33Trump will face opposition in Congress if he makes concessions to Putin on Ukraine, - Senator
- asia08:47Istanbul explosions: More than 29 people killed
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:55Donbas: Enemy attacks drastically increased
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:19Donbas conflict: 41 attacks reported over past day
- POLITICS21:40French government intends to extend state of emergency until July 2017
- POLITICS21:05Trump's team commented on CIA allegations of Russian hackers intervention
- SOCIETY20:19As a result of explosion in Aden killed 40 Yemeni military
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism