OSCE: Situation in Donbas showing signs of “frozen conflict”
OSCE Mission intends to increase presence in east Ukraine by a hundred observers
The situation in eastern Ukraine starts to resemble a “frozen conflict”, OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier stated at the UN headquarters, reports “TASS”.
Zannier pointed to the shaping of “official” institutions in the self-styled republics in the east of Ukraine: “We see local police, with local uniforms, with emblems that remind us in some way some of the things we have seen in other that we call in OSCE ‘frozen conflicts,’" Zannier told reporters at the United Nations. Secretary General added, that “progressive development of local structures” stalls political cooperation.
However, Zannier noted, that armed conflict is still in progress. He informed, that OSCE Special Monitoring Mission is putting in additional efforts in order to control the situation, first of all, along the line of contact: “We’ve opened additional observation points. We also intend to increase presence in territories held by separatists, but, there, we face resistance”.
He also mentioned, that the Mission intends to increase the number of observers in Ukraine by 100 people up to 800.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case