OSCE mission must be placed on frontline instead of monitoring Russian border: Putin’s spokesman
Putin's Spokesman Dmitriy Peskov says OSCE police mission should be present on frontline
The Russian Federation claims, that OSCE Special Monitoring Mission must be placed directly near the line of contact in Donbas instead of monitoring Russian-Ukrainian border, Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitriy Peskov stated, reports ‘Interfax’.
‘It must be placed close to the line of contact. Here, approval of representatives of separate territories of Donbas is necessary’, - Peskov said, answering the question, whether Kremlin approves OSCE armed police mission in east Ukraine.
Peskov explained, that presence of the police mission is necessary on the line of contact – a demarcation line between Russian-backed militants and Ukraine's ATO forces.
Earlier, all sides of Ukraine peace talks supported the idea of sending an armed OSCE police mission to monitor military activities in east Ukraine’s conflict.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels