OSCE Mission came twice under fire in the ATO zone
One of the gunmen was threatening a representative of the Special Monitoring Mission with a gun
Observers of OSCE Mission to Ukraine have come twice under fire – near Snizhne settlement in 72 kilometers from Donetsk and Smile settlement in 32 kilometers to the north-west from Luhansk. As mentioned in the issued report of the Mission on Thursday.
It is added, that a driver of one of the cars heard a bullet break the glass.
Having stopped, they saw a hole in the right lower part of the window with diameter of 5 mm. The glass was not bulletproof. In the left part of the window they found a hole with diameter of 15 mm, and a notch of 3 mm on the bulletproof glass between the trunk and the passenger side. Theverybulletwasnotfound.
None of the observers received injuries. OSCE representatives did not hear the shot so that’s why they cannot suppose when and from where the shooting had been.
“The Special Monitoring Mission has notified Ukrainian and Russian representatives in the Joint Center on control and coordination of the two incidents with a request to take further measures”, - according to the announcement.
Additionally it is said that one of the gunmen was directly threatening a representative with a gun.
To remind, previously Head of the Special Monitoring Mission of OSCE to Ukraine Ertugrul Apakan expressed his concerns due to a big number of violations of the ceasefire regime in Donetsk region, especially with the use of heavy weapons and mortars, and asked the sides to adhere to the Minsk agreements.
Besides, on December 23 at 00:00 the regime of “complete silence” came into effect in Donbass, previously agreed during negotiations in Minsk, however the gunmen continued violation of the ceasefire regime, shooting the positions of ATO forces.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case