OSCE considers sending police mission to monitor elections in occupied Donbas: Secretary General
Hundreds of the mission’s armed policemen will maintain law and order at any future elections
Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) considers sending an armed police mission to monitor any future elections in occupied territories of east Ukraine, OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier informed in an interview to Associated Press, reports TASS.
According to Zannier, with the agreement of all involved parties, OSCE may deploy hundreds of the mission’s armed policemen to maintain law and order in the east of Ukraine during local elections in occupied territories.
No considerable progress was reached during Ukraine peace talks in Minsk on May 18, where the parties mainly focused on political issues, in particular, local elections in occupied Donbas. However, safety issues in eastern Ukraine have not yet been settled.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels