OSCE: Ceasefire in Donbas neglected
Illegal armed groups continue to shell ATO forces from heavy weapons hidden in residential areas on occupied territories
According to OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier, situation with ceasefire in Donbas has become considerably worse after Easter holidays, reports “Interfax-Ukraine”.
“We observed, that both sides of the conflict implemented ceasefire during Easter holidays. However, now we see, that the situation is starting to resemble the tendency of the previous months – there are more cases of ceasefire violations, even full-fledged military activity”, - Zannier said during his visit to Kyiv.
“He underlined, that OSCE “is concerned with the tendency and is looking for ways to return to de-escalation”.
According to Zannier, illegal armed forces shell ATO forces from heavy weapons, hidden in residential areas on occupied territories.
Among key problems OSCE is facing in Donbas are obstacles to free movement. “There have been cases of persecutions, especially on part of militants. Patrol has been attacked not far from the line of contact. There have also been cases of intimidations. It is necessary for us to get full access to the territory”, - the Secretary General stated.
Earlier, OSCE Secretary General pointed out, that he is ready to consider arming the Mission in Donbas.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case