Online Broadcast: Porshenko holding speech for anniversary of Ministry of Internal Affairs battallions
The speech is aired by “112 Ukraine”
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko is holding speech for the anniversary of special battalions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, broadcasted by “112 Ukraine”.
Here are Poroshenko's key statements:
“There were no Ukrainian Armed Forces two years ago. Efficient division of Ukrainian Armed Forces amounted to nearly 5,000 persons. Currently, there are over 69,000 Ukrainian troopers in ATO area”.
“Since the beginning of military operations 205 members of patrol service of National Guard have sacrificed their lives for Ukraine”.
“There’s an opportunity to serve in the army under contract. I’m glad to report that dozens of thousands of Ukrainian patriots used this opportunity, which allowed us to significantly delay the next military draft in 2016. If there is one, it will be the only military draft this year”.
Watch the broadcast:
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas