Online Broadcast: Poroshenko holds speech in Ukrainian parliament
Watch the broadcast
Poroshenko holds speech in Ukrainian parliament.
President's key statements:
Poroshenko expressed his gratitude to Arseniy Yatsenyuk for "European" way of solution of political crisis in Ukraine;
“Yesterday evening, the coalition officially suggested Volodymyr Groysman for position of Prime Minister of Ukraine. Volodymyr Groysman is a politician of new generation. He will become the youngest Prime Minister in the history of Ukraine, if you vote of him, of course”, - Poroshenko said during his speech in parliament.
“Today we are drawing a line under months of exhausting parliamentary and governmental crisis. Falling several decades behind from our European neighbors, we still kept spinning in one place for several months. Considering the accumulated experience, the crisis also had an upside. Ukraine is still on its way to parliamentary democracy, where change of government and reformation of coalition is a routine”, - Poroshenko stated.
I will not let the coalition provatize the President.
Watch the broadcast:
Earlier, a draft resolution on appointment of current speaker of Verkhovna Rada Volodymyr Groysman Prime Minister of Ukraine has been submitted to parliament.
Today the parliament is expected to vote on the new coalition, resignation of Arseniy Yatsenyuk, appointment of PM and Speaker of parliament.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas