Online Broadcast: Parliament considers resignation of Prosecutor General of Ukraine
General Prosecutor Shokin tendered for his resignation in mid-February
Today Ukrainian Parliament will consider resignation of Viktor Shokin from the position of General Prosecutor.
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine approved the Prosecutor General’s resignation, by 289 votes of MPs.
Viktor Shokin has been in office since February 10, 2015.
Prosecutor General of Ukraine Viktor Shokin is happy that parliament approved his resignation, he said in an interview to “Ukrainski novyny”.
“I see this decision as positive”, - he said.
Viktoro Shokin turns 64 and he claims, he doesn’t intend to further work in prosecution, he said in an interview to “Ukrainski Novyny”.
According to Shokin, if President Petro Poroshenko signs the decree about his resignation, Yuriy Sevruk will be appointed Acting Prosecutor General.
Watch online broadcast:
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee