Online Broadcast: Groysman holds speech before parliament as candidate for position of PM
Watch the broadcast
Speaker of Ukrainian parliament Volodymyr Groysman holds speech before parliament as candidate for position of Prime Minister of Ukraine.
Groysman's key statements:
"I'm ready to take responsibility".
Major threats for Ukraine: corruption, ineffiniency of state management and populism.
“Currently, stabilization of Ukraine is of utmost importance. I want to express my gratitude to the coalition and the President for the trust. I am aware of the responsibility. I understand, that we are in a very difficult situation, where we must be efficient and determined in order to help the country get over the crisis, streamline and change the quality of European reforms”, - Groysman stated.
The new Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, in case it is ultimately approved by the parliament, will not tolerate corruption.
“Today, I divest my authority as Speaker of Ukrainian parliament, that I have been holding for 1,5 year. It was a valuable experience for me. I know that Ukrainian parliament can be very efficient, despite very emotional discussions. I believe, that the biggest achievement is the so-called “visa-liberalization package”, that will enable Ukrainian citizens to travel all around Europe. I wish Ukrainian people could travel around Europe and the world, but I also want them to feel comfortable in Ukraine”, - Groysman stated.
Watch the broadcast:
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars