Normandy Four leaders agree on Savchenko exchange this night
The negotiations between the leaders of the four countries were held last night
The Normandy four leaders agreed on the exchange of the Member of Parliament and Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko during the negotiations last night. It is reported by "Kommersant", citing its own sources.
"Final agreement on the exchange of Nadiya Savchenko for Evgeniy Yerofeev and Alexander Alexandrov was reached during yesterday's night telephone conversation during Ukraine peace talks, which was attended by the presidents of Russia, Ukraine, France and German Chancellor", - reads the report.
Alexander Alexandrov’s lawyer Valentin Rybin confirmed that the plane with the Russian militant left Ukraine. "At this point, I can confirm the information only about my client Alexander Alexandrov and client of my colleagues Evgeniy Yerofeev, having left the territory of Ukraine. I cannot say whether they were exchanged for Nadiya Savchenko. As a lawyer, I can say that it is most likely the result of a president’s procedure of pardon", - he said on the TV channel "112 Ukraine .
When asked whether the pardon is signed, the lawyer replied: "Yes, otherwise the citizens of the Russian Federation would not be able to leave the territory of Ukraine."
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas