No data on nationality of victims of blasts in Brussels so far
As soon as the data is collected, it will be passed to respective embassies, - Belgian Interior Ministry
The Belgian government so far has no information about nationality of those who suffered during the series of terrorist acts in Brussels. Belarusian Foreign Ministry tweeted this on Tuesday.
“The information will be passed to embassies of foreign countries via Belgian Foreign Ministry”, the Belarusian governmental body reported.
Ukraine’s Embassy in Belgium so far has not received any information whether there were Ukrainians among the victims, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
As 112 International reported, several blasts thundered across the Belgian capital. Two explosions took place in the departures hall of Zaventem airport; other bombs went off at Maalbeek underground station. The local media reported that before the blasts at the airport, witnesses heard gunfire and exclamations in Arabic.
By various estimates, the blasts in Brussels took lives of at least 26 people, another 136 were injured.
Belgian Prosecutor’s Office surmised that the blasts at the airport were set off by a suicide bomber. Currently, the airport is closed, and the public transport is not working. The government announced the highest level of terrorist threat.
The Belgian authorities suspect that the ISIS might be behind the terrorist acts. Later that day, the terrorist organization said they bear the responsibility.
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry recommends citizens to refrain from traveling to Brussels, and the SBU, Ukraine’s security service, claimed they increased security measures in the country due to the terrorist acts in Brussels.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars