Next Ukraine peace talks in Minsk scheduled for June 1: Journalist
The negotiations will be focused mainly around political issues
It is expected, that next Ukraine peace talks in Minsk, scheduled for June 1, will be focused mainly around political issues. The parties will discuss prospects of holding local elections in occupied territories of east Ukraine, correspondent Valeriys Kalinovskiy informed in an interview to “112 Ukraine”.
“The EU and the USA push Ukraine to hold local elections in occupied territories, however it’s still being hit by shelling, captives are still being detained and Ukraine still has no control over the border. Thus, it’s not easy to negotiate an election”, - Kalinovskiy said.
The correspondent reminded, that the only item parties of the peace talks agreed upon was urgent need to improve living conditions of orphans in Donbas.
“OSCE representative Martin Sajdik noted, that ceasefire violations have been significantly reduced since the previous meeting of Ukraine peace talks in Minsk. The discussion was also focused around exchange of captives, but the parties failed to agree on anything”, - the correspondent said.
“The issues of amnesty will be debated on June 1”, - Kalinovskiy added.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars