New OSCE forward patrol base opens in Shchastya, east Ukraine
This is the 9th OSCE base in Donbas
New OSCE patrol base has been opened in Shchastya, Luhansk region, east Ukraine, office of Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe reports.
Deputy Head of OSCE mission Alexander Hug noted, that the new patrol base will ensure the organization’s faster response to ceasefire violations in Donbas conflict: ‘The new patrol base is located about 500 meters away from the line of contact and are designed to extend monitors’ presence in areas where the most tensions exist, thereby enabling the mission to follow up on the incidents faster and more efficiently’.
Back in January an OSCE forward patrol base was opened in Stanitsa Luhanska.
Four patrol bases are located in Ukraine-controlled territories Volnovakha, Krasnoarmiisk, Svitlodarske (Donetsk region) and Novoaidar (Luhansk region), as well as another three patrol bases are located in separatist-held Stakhanove (Luhansk region), Horlivka and Debaltseve (Donetsk region).
OSCE: SMM observers are limited in movement in Donbas 29 September, 09:47
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars