Netherlands count on prompt decision on visa liberalization for Ukraine
European Commission has initiated legislative initiative, which is currently being discussed by member states
Permanent representative of the Netherlands to the EU ambassador Peter de Goyer assured that the presidency plans to submit the proposal of the European Commission for consideration of the Council of Europea to cancel visa obligations for Ukraine as soon as possible – within the next couple of months, Goyer stated this in European Parliament in the meeting of the Committee for Ukraine-EU Association, reports “UNIAN”.
De Goyer informed, that the issue is currently being considered by member states after the European Commission has initiated legislative initiative.
“I think we will hold a few more rounds of the discussion. We are interested in easing this process and expect an open and constructive discussion within a working group and within a Committee of Permanent representatives in order to submit it for consideration of the Council as soon as possible, within the next few months”, - the diplomat emphasized.
On April 20, European Commission submitted a proposal to the European Parliament and the European Council to cancel visa obligations for Ukraine.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars