NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe: Ukraine requires more weapons
Curtis Scaparotti stated, that he intends to find out what weapons Ukraine needs to protects its sovereignty
The new NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe Curtis Scaparotti intends to find out what weapons Ukraine requires for protection. He informed about this in NATO headquarters, reports UNIAN.
“I believe, we must support Ukraine with everything it requires for successful protection of its territories and sovereignty. I will consider it as new Supreme Allied Commander”, - Scaparotti noted.
Earlier, U.S. Army General Curtis Scaparrotti became the new NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe, taking over Phillip Breedlove. U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter took part in the ceremony in Stuttgart, officially delegating authority to Scaparrotti.
Previously, Scaparrotti, the-then candidate for the post of NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe, supported the idea to send Ukraine lethal weapons to fight pro-Kremlin militants in Donbas. According to him, it would be expedient to provide Ukraine’s Armed Forces with Javelins, U.S.-made anti-tank missile launchers.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas