Savchenko Talks to the Press: Watch online
Savchenko spent two years in Russian prison after she had been illegally sentenced by a Russian court
Naidya Savchenko and her defense lawyers are holding a press conference, aired by '112 Ukraine'.
Ukrainian pilot and MP returned to Ukraine on May 25 after spending two years in Russian prison.
Watch the online broadcast:
Savchenko says, she is ready to join Ukraine peace talks in Minsk to help release other political prisoners in Russia.
Savchenko about Putin: 'I don't know him, so there's nothing I can say about him'.
‘What is ATO? Yes, it’s a war between Ukraine and Russia, not a civil war’.
Savchenko explains why she arrived barefoot at Kyiv Boryspil airport: ‘I took off my shoes to feel my native land’.
"Russia violated International laws and this is a way to the World War III".
According to Savchenko, Minsk peace deals are no longer effective.
"I rushed to defend Donbas, since I was late to stand for Crimea".
"I'm a soldier, I'm not a killer".
"Once I'm in Verkhovna Rada, I'll remove a poster featuring myself from the tribune".
Savchenko explains why she arrived barefoot at Kyiv Boryspil airport: ‘I took off my shoes, because I wanted to feel my native land’
"I could be a president, if it's needed. Ukrainians, do you want me to be the President? Ok, I'll be. I just don't believe that people could vote without any material benefits in return. To tell the truth I like to flight. But if you want me to do this, I'll go and work with an effective output as the President".
A message to Putin: "Get out of Ukraine!"
Savchenko expresses willingness to participate in Minsk peace deals to release the prisoners.
We recall that Ukraine’s fighter pilot, MP Nadiya Savchenko has been sentenced to 22 years in prison and 30,000 ruble fine (USD 400). The Ukrainian was found guilty in the murder of two Russian reporters who worked in Donbas in June 2014, as well as the illegal crossing of the Russian border. As the judge was pronouncing the sentence, Savchenko started singing an old Ukrainian folk tune, mocking judges and telling them someday they will find themselves behind the bars.
On May 25, she was exchanged for 2 Russian military servicemen.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas