Nadiya Savchenko must be released without conditions, - US State Department
The Department of State is familiar with Savchenko’s announcement of hunger strike
State Department of the United States demands to release Nadiya Savchenko, who was illegally arrested in Russia, with no delay and without any conditions, informed State Department Spokesman John Kirby, reports “Ukrinform”.
“Our position on this matter is clear – Savchenko must be released. We have been demanding this for a very long time. Her detention is unfounded. We demand her release with no delays and conditions”, - he emphasized.
Kirby confirmed that the State Department is familiar with Savchenko’s announcement of hunger strike. Thus, her release is even more vital.
Watch the video:
Earlier Savchenko delivered an emotional speech in Russian court.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas