Nadia Savchenko’s defense addressed UN for her release
Savchenko’s lawyer Mark Feygin addressed the United Nations on the matter of Savchenko’s release
Nadia Savchenko’s lawyer Mark Feygin addressed the United Nations on the matter of his client’s release. The lawyer informed on Facebook.
The lawyer pointed out that Savchenko refused to appeal against the verdict, which eliminates the opportunity of challenging the verdict before the European court for human rights.
“Despite the fact that I disagree with Nadia on this issue, I launched a number of international procedures concerning her release. The first procedure will be considered by the UN working group on arbitrary detention”, - Feygin informed.
According to Feygin, he expects results from the UN working group by April.
“The second procedure is the address to the special spokesman of the UN on human rights”, - the lawyer added.
Today Donetsk city court in Rostov region of the Russian Federation will continue delivering the verdict in Savchenko’s case.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas