Nadia Savchenko won’t appeal with the court and intends to start hunger strike, - lawyer
Savchenko prohibited her lawyers to appeal with the court
Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko, unlawfully sentenced to 22 years of imprisonment by Russian court, the same as before doesn’t intend to appeal with the court, informed her lawyer Nikolai Polozov in an interview to “112 Ukraine”.
“Today we talked with Nadia for around three hours. Her health condition is stable. She drinks mineral water, which caused her health to improve”, - the lawyer said.
According to Polozob, Savchenko prohibited her lawyers to appeal with the court.
“They handed Nadia the text of the verdict on Friday. She has a possibility to appeal with the court within ten days. The verdict will come into force on April 5, but Nadia remains firm on her decision. She stated that she is not going to appeal with the court and prohibited her lawyers to do it. I informed her about the consequences of her refusal to appeal”, - Polozov added.
“We failed to talk her out of hunger strike and she intends to start hunger strike on April 6”, - the lawyer mentioned.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars