Nadia Savchenko gets a warm welcome back home from neighbors
Neighbors welcome Nadia with flowers as she returns home
Ukrainian pilot and MP Nadia Savchenko returned to Ukraine. Neighbors welcomed her with flowers as she arrived home, ‘112 Ukraine’ reports.
‘I’m glad to see you all, but I spent two years in a solitary prison sell and currently not ready for a lot of communication with other people’, - Nadia said.
Journalists waited for Savchenko as she arrived home, however, Nadia refused to answer their questions, saying they will have a chance to ask questions at a press conference, scheduled for May 27.
The plane with Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko on board has landed in Kyiv Boryspil airport earlier today.
Savchenko was sentenced to 22 years of prison by a Russian court for allegedly killing two Russian journalists and illegally crossing Russian border.
Nadia Savchenko was exchanged for two fighters of Russia’s Special Service and pardoned by the President of the Russian Federation.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain