Ukrainian website shuts down after leaking journalists' personal data
Website 'Myrotvorets' leaked phone numbers of journalists who worked in militant occupied territories in eastern Ukraine
On Friday morning, service “Myrotvorets” has published a message informing, that it stops working.
“Considering the reaction to the publication of the list of journalists accredited by terrorist organization “DPR”, demands of the Ombudsman for human rights V. Lutkovska, the constantly concerned and worried European Union, anti-Ukrainian journalists in Ukraine led by Deputy Minister of Information Policy of Ukraine T. Popova, “Myrotvorets” Center has made an uneasy decision to shut down the website”, - the message reads.
It has also been reported, that currently, staff of the center are archiving the existing information, which they promised to make available for the public.
Later, Member of Ukrainian parliament Anton Gerashchenko confirmed the closing of the website on his Facebook.
“After accusations of publication of personal information, as well as in connection to demands of the EU representative to block data of the website, the group of anonymous hackers – patriots of Ukraine has made a decision to close the “Myrotvorets” project”, - Gerashchenko wrote.
Earlier, on May 10, “Myrotvorets” published a list of journalists, who received accreditation in the so-called “Donetsk People’s Republic” (“DPR”). Several thousand Ukrainian and international journalists appear in the list (AFP, Al Jazeera, BBC, Reuters, France 24, Sky-news, CNN, Associated Press, The Guardian and etc.).
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case