MP: The Netherlands’ attitude to the Association
Agreement will be discussed on the Referendum To some extent, Ukraine will become victims of moody Eurosceptics”, Svitlana Zalishchuk said
“Not Ukraine, but Netherlands’ attitude to the EU will be discussed on the Referendum”, claimed MP of pro-presidential party Svitlana Zalishchuk.
“Netherlands were always famous for their euroscepticism. It was the first country to vote against European Constitution in 2005. It is obvious that this referendum will be rather about Netherlands’ attitude to the EU. That is why the role of politicians is very important right now. Currently many MPs, activists went to the Netherlands. So do I. I am going to the Netherlands for 10 days on invitation of some party that actively supports the Ukraine-EU Association Agreement. It’s a democratic party named D66 and it will implement its campaign along the Netherlands for different kinds of audience, where we will explain why they should support Ukraine”, - she said. “We have no idea what kind of impact it will have on the decision. The European committee should respect people’s opinion anyway”, she added.
As 112 International reported, on April 6th, the Netherlands will hold the referendum where people will decide either support the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement or not. According to the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs Bert Koenders, government should take into the consideration the poll’s results. Analytics expect that people will vote ‘contra’.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars