MP: PACE deferred debate regarding Savchenko to April 21
Initially it was to be held today
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) deferred the debate regarding Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko to Thursday, April 21. This was written by chairman of Ukrainian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, people’s deputy from “Petro Poroshenko Block” party faction Volodymyr Ariev on his page in Facebook.
“PACE deferred the debate on Savchenko to Thursday. There will be prepared a special part of the report on prisoners. Other Ukrainian captives of the Kremlin will not be forgotten as well”, - people’s deputy said.
As reported previously, the debate on Savchenko’s case was scheduled to be held on the first day of the session, April 18, straight after the traditional addressing of the President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe Pedro Agramunt to the deputies.
We remind that on March 22 Donetsk City Court of Rostov oblast condemned Savchenko to 22 years of standard regime penal colony. The sentence took effect on April 5, and on the next day Savchenko started a dry hunger strike.
Tuka doubts that Savchenko visited occupied territories of Donbas 14 October, 21:47
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas