Mogherini on Savchenko’s verdict: Minsk deals presuppose release of all Ukrainians in Russia
EU still encourages Russia to free Nadia Savchenko
The EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini believes that Minsk deals are a good argument to release all Ukrainians detained in the Russian Federation, it is said in Mogherini’s comment on the verdict delivered in Nadia Savchenko’s case, informed press service of the EU office in Ukraine.
“Yesterday guilty verdict was delivered to Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko, despite countless appeals. We continue to join world-wide appeals and encourage Russian authorities to release Nadia Savchenko immediately and unconditionally. This should be done in accordance with Minsk deals and commitments it presupposes regarding release of detainees linked to the conflict in eastern Ukraine”, - Mogherini commented.
Mogherini also mentions that Minsk agreements presuppose release of all Ukrainian citizens illegally detained in Russia, including Oleg Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko. According to Mogherini, Russia must guarantee their free return to Ukraine.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars