MFA: Vira Savchenko detained in Russia
Ukrainian embassy in Moscow is doing everything possible to release her
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine confirmed Vira Savchenko’s detention, the Ministry informed on Twitter.
“Our consul is currently in the police department, trying to ensure her release. The embassy in Moscow is also working on it”, - the Ministry stated.
Earlier Nadia Savchenko’s lawyer Ilya Novikov informed, that Vira Savchenko is not allowed to leave Russia.
“She was informed, that she is wanted at the federal level for insulting the judge. Since she was in a car with diplomatic license plates, state border guards had no right to detain her”, - Novikov informed.
Novikov is convinced, that the sister of Ukrainian pilot will be able to leave Russia “today or in the nearest couple of days”.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars