MEPs sent a letter to Nadia Savchenko
They compared Savchenko to dissidents back from the Soviet times
Members of European Parliament sent a letter to Nadia Savchenko with words of support and assured her that they will continue to insist on her release. The letter is signed by 26 MEPs and was sent with the help of “RosUznik” system on March 4. Savchenko replied to the letter on April 4, informed “Krym.Realii”.
The MEPs compared Savchenko to dissidents from the Soviet times and explained what actions they are taking in order to ensure her release. “We encourage Russia to release you in every resolution of the European Parliament, as well as in statements regarding Ukraine and Russia. We continue to bring up the issue of your release. We won’t give up. Be sure, you are not forgotten”, - the letter of MEPs to Savchenko reads.
In her reply, Savchenko expressed gratitude for the support and added, that “colleagues from Russia are far from democratic values”. “They care only about their interests and their purses. This is exactly what they’re afraid of. Thus, imposing personal sanctions against Kremlin officials would be more efficient than imposing sanctions against the people of Russia”, - Savchenko wrote.
Savchenko was sentenced to 22 years of prison by Donetsk city court in Rostov region of the Russian Federation.
Her lawyers tried to convince Savchenko to appeal against the verdict, but she refused to do so.
The verdict issued to Savchenko by the court of the Russian Federation came into force yesterday on April 5.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain