Mayor of Kyiv Klitschko participates in Chicago Forum on Global Cities
‘I want to learn from the experience of creating a global city’, - Klitschko
Mayor of Kyiv Vitaliy Klitschko took part in the opening of Chicago Forum on Global Cities. Kyiv is looking at potential aid in the fields of transport and infrastructure, Gazeta.ua reports.
‘It’s very symbolic, that we’re debating the issues of global cities in Chicago. The term ‘global city’ was coined very recently, in the 1990s, when a number of hypotheses have been put forward about possible reasons why such cities appeared’, - Klitschko said.
‘There are many cities on the planet with over 1 million population, but by far not every one of them is global. So far, there are no global cities in Ukraine. Chicago, for instance, is one of world’s largest cities with huge corporations operating world’s finances and resources. I have ambitions and Kyiv has the potential to become a global city in the region of Eastern Europe. That’s the reason I’m here, to learn from the experience of creating a global city’, - the mayor of Kyiv said.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case